The Ministry of Earth Sciences invites applications for Junior/Senior Research Fellow Program (MRFP) to be coordinated by Development of Skilled Manpower in Earth System Sciences (DESK-ESSC), at Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune. MRFP is Ministry’s dedicated JRF/SRF program in which eligible fellows will be selected through a nation-wide selection processes and subsequent interviews. Selection will be against each of the advertised positions as below. Selected fellows initially will undergo induction training at IITM (of four months duration) and will be sent to the respective MoES organizations as per given in the advertisement. Selected candidates are required to complete Ph.D. in relevant fields by registering to a university as per the norms of the respective MoES organization where the fellow will be engaged in research. MRFP fellows will be provided with a two year JRF and two year SRF fellowship as per the DST guidelines and will undergo the stipulated evaluation processes therein.
(1) India Meteorological Department (IMD)
(2) National Center for Medium Range Weather Forecast (NCMRWF), Delhi
(3) National Center for Seismology, (NCS), Delhi
(4) Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune
(5) Indian National Center for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS), Hyderabad
(6) National Center for Polar and Ocean Research (NCPOR), Goa
(7) National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT), Chennai
(8) National Center for Coastal Research (NCCR), Chennai
(9) National Center for Earth Science Studies (NCESS), Trivandrum
(10) Center for Marine Living Resources and Ecology (CMLRE), Kochi
Late date to apply: 20 May 2019
To view complete Advertisement details click here.