NameDr. G.V.M. Gupta
DesignationScientist-G & Director
- Ph.D (Marine Biogeochemistry), Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, 1999
- M.Sc (Marine Chemistry), Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, 1992
Area Of SpecializationMarine Biogeochemistry
Research interestsNutrients and Carbon cycles, Greenhouse Gases, Oxygen Dynamics, Primary Production, Estuarine and Coastal, Biogeochemistry, Ecosystem Processes
- Scientist-G, CMLRE, Cochin (Oct 2020 - till date)
- Scientist-F, CMLRE, Cochin (Jul 2015 – Oct 2020)
- Scientist-E, CMLRE, Cochin (Jul 2009 – Jun 2015)
- Scientist-D, ICMAM, Chennai (Jul 2003 – Jun 2009)
- Scientist-C, ICMAM, Chennai (Oct 1999 – June 2003)
- Environmental Manager, Associated Environmental Engineers, Baroda (Oct 1998 – Sept 1999)
- Senior Research Fellow, CSIR-NIO, Visakhapatnam (March 1995 – February 1998)
- Junior Research Fellow, CSIR-NIO, Visakhapatnam (March 1993 – February 1995)
- Ocean Acidification impacts along the coastal seas of India
- Marine Ecosystem Dynamics of eastern Arabian Sea (MEDAS)
- Monitoring and Modeling of Marine Ecosystems
- Time-series studies on the biogeochemical aspects of the estuarine and coastal waters of Kochi, southwest coast of India (KoTS – Kochi Time series).
- Environment and Productivity patterns along the Indian EEZ.
- Ecosystem Modelling for (i) Chilka lake, Orissa; (ii) Cochin backwaters, Kerala; and (iii) Muthupet Lagoon, Tamilnadu.
- Coastal Ocean Monitoring and Predictive System (COMAPS).
- Preliminary assessment of impact of Tsunami in selected coastal areas of India.
- Geographical Information System for Gulf of Kachchh.
- Assessment of Environmental suitability of developmental activities in Gulf of Kachchh.
- Critical Habitat Information System for Gulf of Khambhat, Gujarat.
- Integrated Coastal and Marine Area Management Plan preparation for Gulf of Kachchh and Goa.
- Certificate of Merit for outstanding contribution from Ministry of Earth Science, Govt. of India, 2017
- Ph.D Supervisor : V.Sudheesh, Ph.D awarded in 2018 by Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin
- India Commissioner, Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (CCAMLR)
- Member, 43rd Antarctic Treaty Consultative Meeting (ATCM)
- Life Member, Ocean Society of India (OSI)