NameShri. N. Saravanane
- Post graduate in Marine Biology and Oceanography
Area Of SpecializationMarine Biodiversity
Research interestsMarine Biodiversity
- Scientist at NIOT, Chennai (1997 - 2006)
- Scientist at CMLRE Kochi (2006 - till now)
- DEEP OCEAN MISSION(DOM)
- Technological Innovations for Exploration and Conservation of Deep-Sea Biodiversity
- Best Employee Award "2010"
- Shri. N. Saravanane is a Senior Scientist at Centre for Marine Living Resources and Ecology, Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India.
- He is an expert in “taxonomy and biodiversity informatics”.
With more than 25 years of experience in marine living resources research in the country
- He is representing India as Steering Group member in Ocean Biogeographic Information System (OBIS) of Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission.
- He is currently appointed as Scientific Committee representative of Commission for the conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (CCAMLR), Hobart, Australia.
- He is part of the national delegation which participate in the ongoing negotiation on the international legally binding instrument -Biodiversity Beyond National Jurisdiction under United Nations.
- Besides being project leader for the national program on Marine Living Resources (MLR), he undertook more than 25 cruises onboard Indian ships such as Sagar Sampada and Sagar Kanya and mapped several biodiversity hotspots within Indian EEZ.
- He is currently engaged in inventorying of biodiversity from seamount regions occurring more than 2000 depth contours and evaluating different underwater technologies for maximizing chances for new species inventory.